Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I'm not really dead...

And... I'm back.  Never went anywhere, just got lazy.  I was crocheting, really.  Here's a look at one of the afghans I've made over the last few months.


The motif is the Never Ending Blanket Square.  It's easy to do, and you can customize the colors to whatever and however you need them to be.


My join is somewhat loosely based on this one called the Zig Zag join.  I started out with intentions of following her diagram; I don't know how successful I was doing that.  But whatever I ended up doing, at least it was consistent throughout the afghan.  That counts for something!



The border wasn't hard.  Rnd 1:  (Sc, ch3, skip 2 stitches) around.  Rnd 2:  Dc around.  Repeat as desired.  My afghan has 3 repeats -- blue, white, blue.

The last row is simply (Sc, ch1, sk 1 st) around.


The yarn is LoveKnit.  It was sold years ago at my local K-Mart.  I used whatever colors I had left -- plenty of medium blue and white!  Not so much other colors.

So, thanks for looking at my crappy-quality pictures.  The second and last photos are close to the true colors.

See you soon, hopefully!
Renee  :)

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Renee! I love that join and your border too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been mia blogging too. I really like your blanket. I've been working on making squares, I just need to get around to sewing them together or use the join as you go thing.

    ReplyDelete